Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall Recipe Link Up...

Fall/Winter is the time for all those "stick to your ribs" kinda meals!!
I LOVE soups, stews...all those hearty meals that put you in what my husband and I
like to call....food commas!!

I would have to say that Loaded Potato Soup is one of our favs!
My husband adores Fatz potato soup so I made it a mission to out-do theirs
and make him like mine better!  I got this recipe from a dear friend of 
mine who is an awesome cook!  She absolutely loves cooking!


2 bags of Real Bacon Pieces
3 Scallions (green and white part)<<can use more if you like
1 whole bag of Red skinned Potatoes
4 cups chicken broth
salt & pepper to taste
1 big block of Velveeta cheese (cubed)
2 cups half and half

Dice up bag of potatoes (skin left on), fill up pot half way with chicken broth and the rest with water to cover potatoes.  Let boil till potatoes are tender.  Smash some of the potatoes, not all, with stirring spoon.  Add half and half and stir, it will start to thicken up.  Next add the cheese (make sure it is cubed, it will dissolve faster).  Last add the scallions and bacon, salt and pepper to taste.  Let simmer and serve.

 Linked up with Alison for the Fall Recipe Link Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment